Depth Psychology and Transgenerational Integration
"Know thyself and you will know the Gods and the universe" said the wise ancient Greeks.
Shamanism, Ancestors and Transgenerational Integration
Learn About the Initiatic Meaning of Oedipus's Destiny
- To understand Sophocles, this books shows the importance of traditional therapy, in the hermeneutic tradition.
- From the symptom of the plague in Thebes to the prosperity at Colonus, Sophocles' work contain a therapeutical model that has not been streched out so far.
- Rather than trying to cut oneself from our parents and ancestral roots, ancient wisdom shows us how to integrate these unconscious legacies and reconnect to archetyp.
- As in ancient rituals, or initiation, one should go through the stages of the unknown to digest it’s roots and move on more freely.
- Oedipus who loses his throne as one loses his ego, steps beyond rationality for a deep transformation (or catharsis) that brings him to Colonus where he becomes the hero and guarantor of prosperity, forever alive in humankind memory.
- Get the full story of Oedipus.
Root Integration and True Self-Development
- In the ancient times, roots were part of a person's identity and everyone was considered linked to his ancestors and to his place of origin.
- Individuality and ego development were not comparable to nowadays. To counter balance the ego's development and the individualistic infatuation that alienates our true self, we rediscovered the importance of roots integration, or "transgenerational integration".
- By becoming a hero at Colonus, Oedipus is a perfect model of root integration and prosperity.
- More on transgenerational integration.
Transgenerational Integration Reconnects Modern and Traditional Approaches