TONY T. GAILLARD
Depth Psychology and Transgenerational Integration
"Know thyself and you will know the Gods and the universe" said the wise ancient Greeks.
Heal Yourself Unveiling Your Hidden Heritage
We are linked to our ancestors like trees attached to their roots. Their qualities and their DNA live in us, just like their uncompleted stories do. Indeed, traumas, unfinished mourning, family secrets and conflicts reverberate from generation to generation, shaping the lives of the descendants.
However, and despite the influences of these transgenerational inheritances, the author reminds us that we are not a simple product of our past, nor just the fruit of our family tree. We can integrate our hidden heritage instead of having them unconsciously driving our lives. We can also rewrite the false or missing parts of our genealogy. With many illustrations the author shows how analyzing our ancestors’ lives helps to understand problematic conditions, and heals all kinds of symptoms. Goethe already explained: What we have received from our ancestors, we must assimilate until it becomes a part of ourselves if we want it to be an enrichment instead of a burden.
This is the first time an author has merged contemporary transgenerational healing and traditional wisdom. This book reveals how modern therapy can benefit from mythological teachings, in line with the ancient maxim: Know Thyself.
Shamanism, Ancestors and Transgenerational Integration
Learn About the Initiatic Meaning of Oedipus's Destiny
- To understand Sophocles, this books shows the importance of traditional therapy, in the hermeneutic tradition.
- From the symptom of the plague in Thebes to the prosperity at Colonus, Sophocles' work contain a therapeutical model that has not been streched out so far.
- Rather than trying to cut oneself from our parents and ancestral roots, ancient wisdom shows us how to integrate these unconscious legacies and reconnect to archetyp.
- As in ancient rituals, or initiation, one should go through the stages of the unknown to digest it’s roots and move on more freely.
- Oedipus who loses his throne as one loses his ego, steps beyond rationality for a deep transformation (or catharsis) that brings him to Colonus where he becomes the hero and guarantor of prosperity, forever alive in humankind memory.
- Get the full story of Oedipus.
Root Integration and True Self-Development
- In the ancient times, roots were part of a person's identity and everyone was considered linked to his ancestors and to his place of origin.
- Individuality and ego development were not comparable to nowadays. To counter balance the ego's development and the individualistic infatuation that alienates our true self, we rediscovered the importance of roots integration, or "transgenerational integration".
- By becoming a hero at Colonus, Oedipus is a perfect model of root integration and prosperity.
- More on transgenerational integration.